Frequently Asked Questions


When should I do my course registration?

During each registration week, you need to select your courses via the student information system (UBYS), with priority given to the courses you have previously failed and need to retake. You must then submit your course selection to your advisor for approval. Please make sure to confirm that your selection has been approved by your advisor before proceeding with your courses, as you will not be allowed to attend without their approval.

What should I do if I couldn't register for courses during the course registration week?

You need to submit a registration petition for excused absence to the student affairs office of your faculty, indicating your excuse. If your excuse is deemed appropriate by the Faculty Board, your course registration will be completed.

Click here for the excused absence registration petition.

If I didn't register for courses, can I still benefit from student rights and health services?

Students who do not register for courses cannot benefit from student rights. Health services for such students will not be covered by the University, and in case of military-related procedures, the situation will be reported to the military office and no student certificate will be provided for those terms.

What should I do to cancel my registration for the undergraduate program that I voluntarily registered for?

You need to submit your petition for cancellation of registration to the Faculty student affairs department. Your registration will be canceled by the decision of the Faculty Board in accordance with Article 5 of the Bartin University Associate and Undergraduate Education, Teaching, and Examination Regulations, and your information will be updated on YÖKSİS.

Click here for the cancellation of registration petition.

I have withdrawn from the program voluntarily. Can I get a refund for the tuition fees I paid?

No, the student whose registration is cancelled at their own request cannot get a refund for the tuition fees paid.

What if I paid more than the required tuition fee or contribution fee? Can I get a refund for the extra amount paid?

If a student has paid more than the required tuition or contribution fee, they can apply for a refund by submitting a petition and payment receipt to the student affairs office of their academic unit.

To access the tuition refund request form, please click here.

I have graduated but I still have an internship left. Will I have to pay the tuition fee?

Students who have completed all the courses in their program except for the internship are not required to pay tuition fees in order to graduate.

I have enrolled at the university. Where can I receive my student ID card?

Student ID cards are printed by the Student Affairs Department and delivered to your faculty. You can receive your student ID card from your faculty's student affairs office by signing for it.

What should I do if my student ID card is lost or stolen?

If your "Student ID Card" is lost, you need to pay 20,00 TL to the relevant account of our university and submit a petition to the student affairs office of your faculty stating that you have lost your student ID card. ID cards printed by our university are delivered to students.

What should I do when there is a change in my identification information?

If there is a change or correction in the name, surname, or national identification information, the student should apply to the student affairs unit of the academic unit where he/she is enrolled with the new identity card. The academic unit student affairs officer updates the information with the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs (NVİ).

In which cases can I take up to 45 ECTS credits of courses?

  • Failed courses or students who transferred from associate degree programs to undergraduate programs can register for courses in their current semester, starting from the lowest level courses. The total number of registered courses cannot exceed 45 ECTS credits, provided that there is no overlap with compulsory courses.
  • Undergraduate students who have successfully completed and passed all courses up to their current semester, with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above, can register for courses in the next level. However, the total ECTS credits of the courses they register for cannot exceed 45, without overlapping with compulsory courses.

How to take 45+1 credits?

Students who are in the graduation phase with the courses they will pass in the last two semesters can take one extra course in addition to 45 credits per semester, with the relevant decision of the board of directors. To do so, students need to fill out the 45+1 petition, get approval from their advisor, and submit it to the department secretary they are affiliated with.

Click here for the 45+1 Petition.

What is the attendance requirement for classes? Can students who are absent take the final and make-up exams?

TAttendance in theoretical and applied classes must be at least 70%. Students who fail to meet this requirement cannot take the end-of-semester and make-up exams for that class.

Can I request exemption for courses I have taken and passed in another department or higher education institution?

Students may request exemption for courses they have taken and passed in another department or higher education institution. Exemption requests are evaluated by the relevant board based on the content, credit and grade of the course. In order to request exemption, the student must submit the Exemption Request Form, their transcript and certified course content to the department secretary.

Click here for the Exemption Request Form.

Click here for the Exemption Principle Decisions of the Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Design.

Can I take new courses in place of the courses that I am exempt from?

Students who are exempt from certain courses may register for up to 30 ECTS credits in the semester where those courses are offered.

What about the exemption exam for foreign language courses?

For the programs that are taught in Turkish, a Foreign Language Course Exemption Exam is administered by the School of Foreign Languages on the date specified in the academic calendar for the students who have been admitted. The time and location of the exam are announced to the students by the School of Foreign Languages. Students who pass the exam are exempted from the compulsory foreign language course and their grades are converted to letter grades according to the Bartın University Associate and Undergraduate Education-Teaching and Examination Regulations and reported to the faculty that they are affiliated with.


How can I access course contents?

You can request course contents in Turkish and English through the Document Request screen in the UBYS system. After the course contents are approved by the Department Head, you can download the approved course contents from the Document Request screen.

What documents can I request through the University Information Management System?

  • You can request the following documents:

    • Student certificate
    • Transcript
    • Disciplinary certificate
    • Certificate of no objection for horizontal transfer
    • Certificate of attendance
    • Honor/high honor certificate
    • Course contents
    • Military service certificate (Appendix-C2

Where can I get my approved documents?

You can download and use your approved document requests with an e-signature from the document request screen.

Can I get a physical copy of the document with a wet signature?

It is essential for students to obtain an e-signed document first. However, if a student needs a document with a wet signature, they should first make a document request through UBYS. After the authorized person approves the document, a hard copy is printed and signed by the authorized person.

In which languages can I request documents?

You can request documents in Turkish and English.


"I am a new student at your university. How can I access the UBYS information management system?

You can access the University's information management system (UBYS) by clicking on the "UBYS" menu on our university's website (, and then entering your username as your student number and your password as your Turkish Republic Identity Number. You can change your password later.

What should I do if I forget or lose my password for the University Information Management System?

If you forget or lose your password for the University Information Management System, you should click on the "Can't sign in?" button and provide your username, email address, or phone number to request a new password. The new password will be sent to your email address or phone number.

What should I do if I forget or lose my UBYS password and cannot get a new one through the UBYS system?

If you cannot get a new password through the UBYS system, you can use your user password from the student affairs office of our faculty to access the University Information Management System (UBYS).


How can I access the classes from a website?

The classes will be conducted through the website. Our students will log in to the system from this site. You can directly access this address or access it through the "E-Learning Login" menu on and

We recommend that you regularly follow our social media accounts and to be informed about our announcements.

What will be my username and password for logging in to the system?

The login information for our students who will log in to the E-Learning system for the first time will be as follows; for new students, the username will be "student number" and the password will be "Masked T.C. Identification number" (For example, for T.C. Identification No: 12******345, enter the numbers except for the first 2 and last 3 digits of your TC Identification number with asterisks). Existing students can log in to the system with their current information. After logging in to the system, do not forget to update your information, especially your email address."

How can I join live (synchronous) classes?

If your course instructor has created a live class (virtual classroom using Zoom application) for the relevant week of your course, you can join the virtual class by clicking on the live class (synchronous) link on the relevant e-course page. When you click on the link, you will need to download and run the application file (Zoom) once. After you have completed this download and installation process, you can join the live class by typing your full name and surname into the opened screen. You do not need to log in as a member for the Zoom application.

When will live classes (Synchronous) be held?

Live classes will be held at the day and time indicated in your current weekly course schedule. Your course instructor will make the necessary announcements about live classes through the e-course system. Before the relevant course hour, your course instructor will add the necessary teaching materials for that week to the e-course system and make them available for your use during the class hour.

How can I contact my course instructor?

You can send a message to your course instructor via the e-course system. You can use the "Contact" option on your relevant course page for this purpose. In addition, you can reach your course instructor via e-mail and the Student Information System. However, your course instructor may use other communication channels to support the course.

How can I get technical support?

For technical support related to problems you encounter in the e-learning system, you can use the "Buzem'e Yazın" module located at to request support. When applying through this module, our students must select the option "I am Taking Classes Through Distance Education" and fill in all the information on the form completely. We will get back to you as soon as possible via email.

What should I do if I forget my login credentials for the e-learning system?

If you have registered your email address in the e-learning system, you can recover your account using the "Forgot Password" option. If you have never logged into the e-learning system before, you should review the third question above. If you need to reset your password and have not updated your email address, you can use the "Buzem'e Yazın" module located at

How can I access help documents for using the system?

You can access all guides and videos related to system usage, material design, and live synchronous classes under the "Distance Learning (Student)" tab on

How can we stay informed about the developments and announcements regarding UZEM?

You can follow our announcements on and, as well as on our Instagram (bartin.uzem), Facebook (bartin.uzem), and Twitter (bu_uzem) pages. General and important announcements will also be shared on our university website (

How can I use the Distance Education System?

How can I join the live broadcast (zoom)?


How and when can registration be frozen?

The registration of a student who cannot continue their education for valid reasons may be frozen for one or two semesters by the relevant board of directors, if applied within the first four weeks of the semester. To request registration freeze, the student must submit a registration freeze request letter and attachments to the Faculty Student Affairs Office.

Click here for the registration freeze request letter.

How long can I freeze my registration for?

The board of directors may freeze the registration of a student for one or two semesters if their reason is deemed valid. If the student's valid reason persists, their registration can be frozen again by the relevant board of directors. However, the total registration freeze period cannot exceed two semesters in associate degree programs and four semesters in undergraduate programs.

Will the periods I freeze my registration be considered in my maximum education period?

The periods in which registration is frozen are not included in the maximum education period.

Can I benefit from student rights while my registration is on hold?

Students who have their registration on hold cannot benefit from any student rights during the period when their registration is on hold.


What should I do if I couldn't attend the midterm exam?

You need to submit an Excuse Exam Request Letter to your faculty student affairs unit, stating your reason for not being able to attend the midterm exam. If approved by the Faculty Board, you can take the excuse exam.

Click here for the Excuse Exam Request Letter.

Is there a make-up exam for students who cannot attend the final exam?

A make-up exam, also known as a supplementary exam, is held for students who cannot attend the final exam. However, there is no excuse exam for the final exam.

Can students who pass the final exam take the make-up exam?

Students who want to improve their grades can take the make-up exam to increase their grades. The grades received by students in the make-up exam are taken into account when calculating the final grade.

How can I object to my exam grade?

Objection to the announced exam result is made in writing to the student affairs unit of the academic unit you are enrolled in within three business days from the announcement date.

Click here for the Exam Grade Objection Letter.

How long do I have to appeal my exam grade?

The instructor evaluates appeals for clerical errors within two business days. If a clerical error is found, the student's grade will be corrected by decision of the relevant academic unit management board. The outcome of the appeal will be communicated to the student by the relevant academic unit.

Who can take the single course exam and how?

  • Students who have taken all courses in their registered program and met the attendance requirement but have failed a single course after the final exams can take the single course exam. The grade obtained in this exam will count as the raw score.


  • To be able to take this exam, the student must apply to the student affairs office of their academic unit with a petition.

Click here for the single course exam petition.

Which students are eligible for extra exams?

Students who have completed the maximum period of study are given two extra exam opportunities for all courses in which they have failed due to attendance or received a failing letter grade.


What are the criteria for being an honors or high honors student? How/where can I find out if I am an honors or high honors student?

Students who have passed all the courses they have registered for, and have a cumulative and semester GPA of 2.00, are considered successful. The student's success ranking is calculated based on the overall GPA. Students who have taken at least the normal course load in a semester and have a GPA between 3.00-3.49 are recognized as honors students, while those with a GPA between 3.50-4.00 are recognized as high honors students. The list of these students is announced at the end of each semester.

Do honors and high honors students receive a certificate?

Honors and high honors students receive certificates of honor along with their diplomas.


I have been accepted into a Turkish language undergraduate program. Can I take English preparation classes?

If you wish, you can register for optional preparation classes.

What is the education like in preparation classes?

The academic calendar of the English Preparatory Classes consists of two semesters totaling 28 weeks. The total education hours are 672. After registering for English Preparatory Classes, students are divided into level groups and follow an intensive language education program aimed at acquiring reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills.

What do "mandatory preparation" and "optional preparation" mean?

"Mandatory preparation" is for students who will receive 30% or 100% English language education in their enrolled program.
"Optional English preparation" is a non-mandatory preparation program for students enrolled in programs that are taught entirely in Turkish.

What should students who want to learn in the English Preparation Program as optional do to participate?

In addition to programs that have mandatory preparation classes, students in many departments of our university can apply to take optional preparation courses. For this, those who register via e-government must indicate "YES" to the question "DO YOU WANT TO TAKE OPTIONAL PREPARATION?" Personally registered students can also take optional preparation education by stating that they want to take optional preparation during the pre-registration process at the university."

I registered as a foreign student at the university. When can I start my Optional Preparatory Class education?

Foreign students who register to the university are directed to either the Bartin University Turkish Teaching Center (BÜ-TÖMER) or the School of Foreign Languages according to their Turkish proficiency certificates by the International Students Office according to the departments they registered to. Students who do not have sufficient Turkish proficiency continue their education at BÜDEM in the first academic year. Successful students at BÜDEM can apply to the Optional English Preparatory Classes at the School of Foreign Languages ​​at the beginning of the next academic year.

Am I allowed to attend the classes even though I am not registered in the preparatory class?

Only students registered in the preparatory program can attend the classes.

What is the duration of the preparatory education for the Department of Foreign Languages?

The normal duration of the Optional Preparatory Education in the Department of Foreign Languages is one (1) academic year. At the end of this one year, successful and unsuccessful students start their courses in their programs at the university for the following academic year; unsuccessful students from departments with Compulsory Preparatory Education must take another year of preparatory education. Students who fail in the Optional Preparatory Program are given the right to take the English Proficiency Exam in the following year.

Do I need to register for English Preparatory Education?

No, you do not need to register for English Preparatory Education. Follow the announcements on the Bartin University School of Foreign Languages ​​website. If you pass the preparatory class, you must go to your department and register for the courses yourself.

I completed my secondary education abroad. Can I be exempted from the preparatory class?

In accordance with the exemption article of the Bartin University School of Foreign Languages Education-Teaching and Exam Regulation, students who have completed their secondary education in institutions where the language of instruction is the foreign language determined as the teaching language as the mother tongue in a country where the country's citizens continue their education and who submit the original documents showing this during the registration period to our School's Student Affairs unit are exempt from the Compulsory Preparatory Class by the decision of the Board of Directors and start their undergraduate / associate degree program where they obtain the student right."

Can I be exempt from the preparatory class during the academic year?

Yes. With the condition of taking the exams that are recognized as valid for exemption from the Foreign Language Preparatory Class in the Foreign Language Exams Equivalence Table determined by ÖSYM and obtaining the required score, it is also possible to be exempted during the semester.

I have taken foreign language exams before. Can I be exempt from the compulsory preparatory class by presenting them?

You can apply for exemption by presenting documents related to foreign language exams conducted by ÖSYM and international foreign language exams recognized as equivalent to these exams by YÖK (provided that the document was obtained within the last five years). Please follow the announcements on the website for the deadline for submitting the documents.

What is the minimum score I need to get in equivalent exams to pass the compulsory English preparatory education or to be exempt from the preparatory class during the semester?

Some of the exams that are recognized as equivalent to the English Proficiency Exam (İYS) and the minimum scores required from these exams are as follows:

YÖKDİL/YDS/E-YDS: 75 TOEFL IBT: 90 PTE Academic: 75    

What is the English Proficiency (Exemption) Exam?

The English Proficiency (Exemption) Exam is the exam that students who are newly enrolled in the university at the beginning of the academic year and students who have previously enrolled in the university but have not successfully completed the preparatory education take to be exempted from the English Preparatory Program.

What are the documents I need to have with me when entering the exam?

Students who do not have a current photo ID document (ID card, passport, driver's license, Bartin University student ID card) will not be admitted to the exam.

I have been admitted to a Turkish-medium program and I marked "I do not want to attend optional prep school". Do I still have to take the Proficiency Exam?

No, you do not need to. You can directly register for your program.

Where can I learn about my course schedule and classroom assignment?

Course schedules and classrooms are announced on the website of the School of Foreign Languages shortly before the start of the academic year.

Can I make changes to my prep class after the class lists have been posted?

No. Students are not allowed to make changes to the classes they are placed in based on their proficiency exam results. However, if deemed necessary based on the student's exam performance, changes can be made during the semester.

Do I have to attend classes in the English Preparatory Program?

Yes, there is an attendance requirement of at least 85% for one year in the English Preparatory Program. Acceptance of long-term absences due to mandatory participation in our university's sports and cultural events is subject to the decision of the Board of Directors. Other excuses for absences will not be deducted from the student's absence time. Students who fail due to excessive absences cannot take any exams for the remainder of the semester.

If I exceed the absenteeism limit, can I take the English Proficiency Exam?

No, students who do not fulfill the 85% attendance requirement cannot take the final exam at the end of the Spring semester or the English Proficiency Exam in the following September.

I took one year of optional English Preparatory Program and failed at the end of the year. Can I start my department in the next academic year?

Yes. Students who take optional English Preparatory education can continue their department in the next academic year even if they do not successfully complete the academic year.

Is there a certificate for students who successfully complete the English Preparatory Classes?

Successful students are given a certificate from our university in addition to their diploma when they graduate.


How can I benefit from library services?

First of all, all researchers, including academic and administrative staff as well as students of our university, can benefit from our library. However, to borrow books, it is mandatory to be a faculty member, administrative staff member or student of our university. Our members should have their university ID card with them for the services provided at the lending-return / consultation desk (Borrowing, Book Return, Extension of Loan Period, Reservation, etc.). Other users can benefit from the services provided in the library, but they cannot borrow books.

How can I become a member of the library?

To become a member of our library, you must first come to our library and present your personnel or student ID.

After the library staff activates your account, click on the "My Account" option on our library web page. Enter your Membership code and password on the page that opens.

Membership code: It is "ID No" for Academic and Administrative Staff and "TC ID No" for Students.

Password: Your password will be sent to you via phone or email during your initial registration. (If you forget your password, you can request it again from the lending-return / consultation desk)

After logging in, click on the "Personal Information" button and fill in the required fields, check the "I accept the contract text" box and click on the "Update" button.

How can I browse the library catalog?

The desired keyword (Author Surname-Name, Book Title, Subject Headings, etc.) is written on the search bar on the main page at

How can I find the book I'm looking for in the library?

Our library applies an "Open Shelf System". According to this system, the user searches for the book he/she is looking for from our library catalog search page. If the book he/she is looking for is available in our library, he/she determines whether the book is on the shelf by checking the status information and finds the book from its place on the shelf by taking the location number if the book is on the shelf. If he/she cannot find the book on the shelf, he/she can request assistance from the relevant staff.

For how many days are the resources lent?

Academic staff, as well as master's and doctoral students, can borrow a maximum of 7 books for a period of 30 days. Administrative staff, associate and undergraduate students can borrow a maximum of 3 books for a period of 15 days.

How Can I Extend the Borrowing Period of the Book I Borrowed?

You can extend the borrowing period of the book you borrowed from our library by following the steps below:

  1. Go to
  2. Click on the 'log in' option in the upper right corner.
  3. Enter your user code and password.
  4. After logging in, click on your name.
  5. Click on the 'My Loans' button. The list of books you borrowed will appear.
  6. Click on the clock icon on the right side to extend the due date for the length of time you borrowed the book.



  1. Extension procedures via the web can only be done if there are no reservation processes by another user on the material, and within the last three days before the due date.
  2. Reserved materials by others cannot be extended.
  3. Extension cannot be made for publications that are not returned to the Library on time and have a late fee.
  4. The Library reserves the right to recall publications as deemed necessary, without waiting for the return date.
  5. After receiving the recall notice, the member must return the publication to the Library within 3 days at the latest.

What materials cannot be borrowed?

Reference materials (dictionaries, encyclopedias, indexes, almanacs, yearbooks, atlases, etc.), periodicals, heavily-used research and course books marked as "Reserved," printed and unpublished graduate theses and dissertations, manuscripts and rare books, maps and slides, CD-ROMs, videos, and audio tapes, materials that have been designated for reservation, music scores, collection pieces, artistic materials, and other materials that could cause harm if taken out of the library cannot be borrowed.

Can I borrow periodicals?

No, periodicals (journals, newspapers, etc.) cannot be borrowed.

Can I reserve a material?

To reserve a book that is currently checked out by another user, follow these steps:

  1. Go to
  2. Click on the "login" option in the upper right corner and enter your user code and password.
  3. Once logged in, click on the catalog located under the searches in the upper right corner.
  4. Use the search bar to find the book you want to reserve.
  5. Once the list of books is displayed, click on the book you want to reserve.
  6. On the page that opens, use the "reserve" option at the bottom to place a reservation.
  7. Reservations cannot be extended. Only books that are currently borrowed can be reserved.
  8. When the book you reserved is returned, you will receive a notification email at the email address registered in the system.
  9. If the book is not borrowed within 3 days after it has been returned, it will be shelved. Therefore, we recommend keeping your email address up to date.

How many times can I extend the loan period of the book I borrowed?

If the books you borrowed have not been reserved by someone else, academic staff and graduate students can extend the loan period for 30 days once, while administrative staff, undergraduate and associate degree students can extend the loan period for 15 days twice

What should I do if I lose/damage the book I borrowed?

If you lose or damage the book you borrowed from the library, you must obtain the same quality book from the market. Additionally, you must pay the overdue fine if applicable.

For books whose edition has been exhausted and cannot be found in the market, the Library Security Unit conducts market research. A price determined by the Library Valuation Committee is established and the reader who lost the book is made to pay for it.

Users who do not pay their debts will not be able to borrow books and will be disconnected from the Library until they pay off their debts.

What are the late fees for books?

Users who do not return the book they borrowed on time are charged a daily overdue fee of 0.50 TL per book from the day after the loan period ends.

How can I make a reservation for Individual and Group Study Rooms?

All BARU members can make reservations for the 24 individual study rooms and 12 group study rooms located in our Kutlubey Campus Central Library. You can make a reservation for the available room and chairs from the "Reservation" menu located in the top right corner of the system by logging in to the system with your library account on the "My Account" page on our website. Afterwards, you can collect the room key by applying to the borrowing-return/information desk with your institution ID.

How can I benefit from the Intelligence Games Room?

To benefit from the "Intelligence Games Room" located on the first floor of the timed publications room in our Central Library, you can apply to the information desk in the timed publications room and receive the equipment for the game you want to play by presenting your institution ID.

How can I benefit from the lockers?

You can get the key to a locker whose usage status is appropriate by presenting your institution ID to the lending-return/information desk.

How can I access the databases subscribed by the library?

Unlimited access is provided within the campus to the subscribed databases via the "subscribed databases" section on the library's website.

Can I access the databases from outside the campus?

You can access the electronic resources to which our library subscribes from anywhere in the world with your library account.

After entering the address, you can start using the portal by either using your existing library account or creating a new account.

When registering for a new membership on the VETİS remote access portal, personnel should create an account with their "Institutional ID" and students should create an account with their "ID number." Additionally, you should write your institutional email account (for staff,; for students, in the email field for activation of your account.

All academic and administrative staff as well as our students can benefit from this portal.

VETİS User Guide

How can I access books that are not available in our library?

Academic staff, master's, and doctoral students can benefit from this service through the Interlibrary Cooperation Tracking System (KİTS). You can request books that are not available in our library through interlibrary loan service. To benefit from this service, make sure if the book or books are in our collection by searching the printed and electronic catalogs. If it is not in our library, find out which library has the book or books. You can request them via your library account ( using the "KAO" area.

Is there a place where I can access the internet in the library?

You can use the computers available in our library during our working hours, and you can also connect to the internet via wireless internet in the library building.

Can I make photocopies in the library?

Our Kutlubey Campus Central Library has a photocopy room. Additionally, our users can scan the parts they want from printed books by themselves using the Book Eye4 Kiosk scanning devices and transfer them in pdf format to their flash drives, tablets or android phones.


How is the admission of international students to your university realized?

Applications are made online through the University Information Management System> International Student Application Transactions module for up to 5 (five) programs during the academic calendar dates specified for international students. Candidates who have graduated from high school / secondary education institutions up to a maximum of 5 years before the application date can apply.

When do international student applications to Bartın University begin?

You can follow the Bartın University website for application dates.

What is the language of education?

The language of education is Turkish. The English Language Teaching and Translation-Interpretation departments provide education in 100% English and there are English preparatory programs. Students of the Faculty of Islamic Sciences must receive one (1) year of compulsory Arabic preparatory education. In addition, all students in our university's undergraduate, associate, and vocational schools can optionally take one (1) year of English preparatory education.

Can international students apply for dormitories? What are the application requirements and opportunities?

International students' dormitory and credit/scholarship applications are only possible with their foreign identity number on the residence/ residence permit card given to them. Applications are made through the e-government portal. Evaluation results are announced on the website"

What is a Residence Permit and how can it be obtained?

The maximum duration of stay with a visa in Turkey is 3 months. International students are required to apply to the Bartın Governorate Provincial Directorate of Migration Management within 1 month after their arrival in Turkey in order to obtain a residence permit for a period covering their study period in Turkey.

Students will obtain a residence permit that covers the duration of their education as indicated on their student visa, and they must carry this document with them at all times.

How can Health Insurance be obtained?

All international students studying in Turkey are required to apply to the Social Security Institution Provincial Health Directorate within 3 months of their registration at the university, and obtain health insurance by submitting a written request. Students who fail to apply to the Provincial Health Directorate within this period will not be able to benefit from this right throughout their study period.


Where Can I Access the 2023 National Internship Program Directive?

    After logging into Kariyer Kapısı, you can access the Internship Directive from the Auxiliary Resources section located in the left menu.

    Our student indicates that they cannot apply for the National Internship Program. How can we help?

    Ask your student to provide detailed information about which stage of the application process they are having difficulty with, supported by screenshots, and send it to or Our team will get back to them as soon as possible.

    Is it possible for students to change/delete the documents they uploaded to the application form or withdraw their application?

    National Internship Program applications consist of two stages: e-Government and Application Form. The system allows students to save their applications at each stage and complete them later. If the student has completed both stages of the application process, they cannot withdraw their application or make any changes to the documents they uploaded. However, as long as all stages are not completed (in this case, the student will see the "Incomplete Application" status in the "Application Status" section on Kariyer Kapısı), they can cancel or update their application.

    Where and according to which criteria will document verification of students who apply to the National Internship Program be performed?

    Verification of each document uploaded by students must be performed in accordance with the criteria shared in the "Document Verification Guide". You can download the document verification guide from the "Auxiliary Resources" section located in the left menu after logging into Kariyer Kapısı as University Career Center.

    When will the results of student internship acceptances be announced?

    Each employer participating in the National Internship Program manages their internship process (sending internship offers, determining the internship schedule, etc.) themselves. During the internship offer submission process, employers review the profiles of students on the Career Gate and send offers to the candidates they find suitable. Therefore, it is not possible for all employers to announce the internship results on a single date. After the application deadline and the deadline for document checks by relevant institutions have ended, the Presidency of Human Resources Office calculates the qualification scores of each student and includes these scores in the students' profiles. Subsequently, the profiles of all applicants are transferred to the "Candidate Pool" with their personal information and university names hidden, and this pool is opened to employers' access. Following this process, employers send their offers individually according to their own needs and in line with the internship schedule. Therefore, each student may receive internship offers on different dates.

    How many internship opportunities do students have under the National Internship Program?

    Students have the right to do "one" internship per year under the National Internship Program.

    Can a student who previously completed an internship under the National Internship Program also do an internship under the program in 2023?

    Yes, they can. Internships previously completed under the program do not affect the new internship opportunity. If they meet the application requirements, students can apply to the National Internship Program every year and complete an internship if they receive an offer.

    Until when can students receive internship offers?

    Employers can start sending offers to students as soon as their access to the "Candidate Pool" is opened and can continue to send new offers until the start of the next year's USP applications. Therefore, students can receive offers within these dates, but employers are usually seen to offer more internship opportunities to students during the summer months and semester breaks.

    How many days can students intern?

    It is recommended that internship periods be set at a minimum of twenty business days, except for exceptional cases. However, if approved by the university, it can be determined to be longer or shorter between the employer and the student. It is suggested that internships should not be less than 15 business days. If the candidate will count their internship towards their mandatory internship and if the faculty has a requirement for more internships, the internship period can be extended with the approval of the institution and the university where the internship will take place.

    Is it possible to make changes to the internship period offered by the employer?

    Employers generally send internship offers with a minimum of twenty business days. If the proposed internship period is not suitable for the student and the university, the student can contact the employer to request a change in the internship period. If approved by the employer and the university, changes can be made to the internship period.

    The period in which the student has been accepted for an internship coincides with the academic term. It is stated in our university regulations that students cannot do an internship during the academic term. In this case, what should be done?

    The student can contact the internship supervisor of the institution where they received the internship offer and request a change in the internship dates to avoid overlapping with the academic term. If the institution agrees, the student can adjust the internship dates accordingly. To ensure follow-up, the student should inform their university about the necessary date changes related to their internship in the institution. However, if the student only has classes on certain days of the week during the academic term (i.e., if they have free days), and the internship offer is sent in a way that will not prevent the student from attending their classes by covering those free days, the Presidency of Human Resources Office recommends approving the internship for the sake of the student's professional development. The final decision, however, belongs to the faculty/vocational school administrators.

    The employer is requesting a internship acceptance letter/confirmation form for the student they have accepted for the internship. What should we do in this case?

    If requested by the employers within the program, you can use your university's "internship acceptance form/document" format for the students who have been accepted for the internship. The "Internship Permission Certificate for Students Who Do Not Have Compulsory Internship" form prepared by our Career Center can be prepared in duplicate and one copy can be given to the employer to keep, while the other copy remains in the department.

    Who will cover the insurance premiums of the students?

    In all internships under the National Internship Program, social security premium payments within the scope of Article 5/b of the Social Security and General Health Insurance Law No. 5510 will be covered by the higher education institution to which the students are affiliated.

    Do we need to cover the insurance of students who will do voluntary internships?

    Yes. There is no distinction between mandatory and voluntary internships under the National Internship Program. Accordingly, if accepted for an internship, all students, regardless of whether their internship is mandatory or voluntary, must have their insurance covered by their universities.

    If the student graduates during the period in which they will do their internship, should their insurance be covered?

    As stated in Article 5 of the Internship Directive on the Career Portal: "Students who will participate in the program must be higher education students throughout the internship period." If the candidate is in a graduate position during the internship period, their university is not obliged to provide insurance coverage.

    How will the salary of the student interns employed at our university be covered?

     If there is a budget available in the relevant department(s) of the university, this budget should be used primarily to cover intern salaries. However, if the budget is insufficient, the university's Strategy Development Department should send an Official Letter to the Presidency Strategy and Budget Directorate (SBB) requesting a budget for the candidates who have completed their internship. It should be noted that in 2022, a meeting was held with SBB officials, all career centers, and vice rectors responsible for career centers, coordinated by the Presidency Human Resources Office for the transfer of budgets to universities under the scope of USP. During this meeting, SBB stated that they would not respond to letters that contain content outside their authority, such as "request for opinion", as their authority is limited to deciding whether the requested budgets should be transferred or not.

    If we employ a candidate from the pool of candidates under the National Internship Program as an intern at our university, how will insurance and salary payments be made? What will be the process if the candidate is a student of our university?

    According to the Vocational Education Law No. 3308, the Social Security and General Health Insurance Law No. 5510, and related legislation, the insurance premiums of students accepted for internship within the scope of the National Internship Program should be covered by the higher education institution they are studying at, and the intern salary should be covered by the institution/organization where they are interning. Accordingly, if you employ a student as an intern at our university, the insurance premium should be covered by the higher education institution to which the student is affiliated, while the intern salary should be covered by our university as the employer. To initiate the insurance process, an official letter can be sent to the higher education institution stating that the student has been accepted for the internship or a "Letter of Acceptance for Internship" can be given to the student to initiate the process by submitting it to their university. (You can access the sample document in Annex 4 of the Internship Directive.) If the intern is also a student at our university, both the insurance premium and the intern salary will be covered by our university."

    How does the process proceed when universities request a budget from the Presidency Strategy Budget Department?

    The Presidency Strategy Budget Department (SBB) examines the university's relevant items in response to the Official Letter sent by the university regarding its budget request, and checks whether there is a budget for these items. If there is a budget for the university's relevant items, SBB requests that the internship fees be covered by this budget. However, if there is no budget for the university's relevant items, SBB contacts the Presidency Human Resources Office to confirm the candidates who have "completed" their internships and transfers the budget to the university for these candidates.

    When are internship fees paid by employers?

    Article 14/1 of the Internship Directive in Career Gate states that "Interns are paid a fee by the institution where they are interning, in accordance with Article 25 of the Vocational Education Law No. 3308, after the end of the internship." The relevant article of the mentioned law and the National Internship Program Directive can be examined for details.

    What should be done if a student who has completed their insurance procedures has not started their internship or has notified that they have canceled their internship late?

    If the student will cancel their internship, they must notify the relevant units of their university and the internship supervisor at the institution before the internship date. After the student gives this information, the employer changes the student's status on the system as "internship canceled". The "Internship Status" information of students who are displayed as "internship canceled" can be viewed by Career Centers. Therefore, the insurance cancellation process can be carried out for students whose "Internship Status" information is displayed as "internship canceled". In order to prevent the student, our university, and the employer from experiencing any grievances, the student who wants to cancel their internship must inform the employers and relevant units of the university at least one week before the internship date. It is important for the student to inform the necessary parties in a timely manner regarding the cancellation of their internship. For this reason, Career Center officials provide students with warnings/information on what to do in case of internship cancellation. *In case the internship is canceled without providing any excuses and/or the candidate does not show up for the internship on the start date, the relevant employer notes the candidate's irresponsible behavior on their profile on the system, which can be viewed by other employers. Therefore, this feedback creates a negative impression for students for the internship offers they may receive later.


    Which students can receive pedagogical training education during their education and training?

    Students in faculties outside of teacher training faculties, in fields where formation education can be provided according to the annex of the Ministry of National Education Board of Education and Discipline's 20/02/2014 dated and 9th numbered "Teacher Training Areas, Appointment and Course Teaching Principles" can receive pedagogical formation education.

    How will pedagogical formation education be provided outside of Education/Faculties of Education Sciences?

    It will be offered as an elective course during the formal education and training of the program in which students are enrolled, starting from the third semester. Students can take these elective courses from the third semester of their eight-semester education.

    Can private higher education institutions also provide pedagogical formation education?

    During their education, pedagogical formation courses can be offered as they are in other universities.

    Should pedagogical formation courses be evaluated within the 240 credits? Can it exceed 240 ECTS?

    1. In programs with a 4-year undergraduate education and training period that can receive formation education, elective courses that can be taken from other departments or that are not compulsory electives will be opened as elective courses for all programs that can receive formation education at the university, and students will take these courses instead of elective courses in their own departments.
    2. In this context, graduation can be 240 ECTS or higher. However, the total ECTS must be below 300.

    Can Pedagogical Formation courses be offered as distance education?

    According to the Principles and Procedures Regarding Distance Education in Higher Education Institutions, up to 30% of the courses in each semester of each program can be offered through distance education, based on the AKTS credits of the courses. Pedagogical formation courses that will be offered as elective courses in the relevant semester will be evaluated within the scope of this practice (excluding practical courses such as special teaching methods and teaching practice).

    Will the courses in Pedagogical Formation Education be included in student transcripts?

    1. Since the courses are taken as electives, they will be included in the transcript. Only one transcript will be prepared and these courses will be included in this transcript.
    2. Included in the graduation average
    3. The statement "Completed Pedagogical Formation Education" will be written on the back of the diplomas.
    4. There is no change in the current practice for graduates' transcripts.

    Which courses will be offered in Pedagogical Formation Education?






    Introduction to Education





    Principles and Methods of Instruction





    Classroom Management





    Special Teaching Methods





    Guidance and Special Education





    Measurement and Evaluation in Education





    Educational Psychology





    Instructional Technologies





    Teaching Practice










    Is it mandatory to take all courses in pedagogical formation education?

    • Taking pedagogical formation education courses is dependent on the students' request.
    • Students who take these courses as elective courses but do not complete all of them will not have an expression stating that they have completed this education on their diplomas, only the courses they have taken will appear on their transcripts.

    Can students enrolled in distance learning programs take "pedagogical formation education" courses?

    • No changes have been made in the current practice.
    • Students registered in Open Education and Distance Education programs in the fields specified in the appendix of the 9th article of the "Principles of Teaching Fields, Appointment, and Teaching Regulations" of the Ministry of National Education Curriculum Board can apply for the Pedagogical Formation Education Certificate Program or the Teacher Profession Non-Thesis Master's Program after graduation.

    Can senior students who have fulfilled all the requirements for graduation from their program benefit from the pedagogical formation education practice?

    1. Students who want to receive their diplomas can receive them. However, they are subject to graduate requirements related to formation.
      • Upon request, these candidates can be registered for the Pedagogical Formation Education Certificate Program.
      • In this case, those who register for the aforementioned certificate program will pay the certificate tuition fee in accordance with the Framework Principles and Procedures for the Pedagogical Formation Education Certificate Program for Graduates, taking into account the courses and teaching practice they will receive in the certificate program.
      • Related university will open the Pedagogical Formation Education Certificate Program specifically for these students to continue.
    2. Those who do not receive their diplomas and want to continue their formation education can continue as undergraduate students until the 2023-2024 academic year's summer and spring semesters, including the 2022-2023 academic year, while enjoying undergraduate student rights.

    Will the Pedagogical Formation Education Certificate Program for graduate students continue?

    There is currently no change in the existing practice. The Pedagogical Formation Education Certificate Program for graduate students will continue.

    Will the current program continue to be applied to students currently enrolled in the pedagogical formation education certificate program?

    The current program will continue to be applied to students currently enrolled in the Pedagogical Formation Education Certificate Program.

    How will student admission and exemption be in the pedagogical formation education certificate program for graduate students?

    1. In the pedagogical formation education certificate program applied to graduates, student admission will only be made once in one semester in an academic year, and students cannot be admitted separately in two semesters.
    2.  Exemption from theoretical courses in the program can be evaluated by the relevant committees of universities, but exemption from the Teaching Practice course will not be provided."